Trail Solutions Specialist
The TS1 is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly paid position responsible for assisting Trail Solutions (TS) with trail construction and operation duties. Work includes hand tool use, equipment operation, evaluation of trail, tool and equipment maintenance; performing marketing, administrative, and education tasks; and executing scopes of work. A Trail Solutions Specialist I works with both Directors of Trail Solutions, Project Managers, other TS and IMBA staff, subconsultants and subcontractors, clients, and the general public to help further IMBA’s overall mission. The position assumes a variable schedule depending on workload and ability to travel, from 0 – 60+ hours per week depending on availability and project schedules. Extensive travel is required to maintain a full time schedule.
The Trail Specialist I position is a remote home based position requiring frequent travel throughout the United States with occasional international opportunities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with implementation of projects and creating positive relationships with clients (including other IMBA staff) and potential clients.
- Respond to inquiries regarding consulting and construction services.
- Provide Director of Trail Solutions, TS Associate Director, and TS Project Managers with projectstatus updates.
- Design and construct trails and features per specifications and clients expectations.
- Purchase and ensure that materials are on-site as needed.
- Perform and inspect work for compliance with terms and specifications of contract.
- Work independently in a variety of situations including trail construction, and volunteer organizing.Personnel
- Support other TS staff in the completion of duties.
- Evaluate TS staff and provide feedback as requested.
● Maintain positive representation of IMBA at all times.
- ● Provide information and input on creation of annual program budgets.
- ● Assist with management of program in compliance with budget.
- ● Manage information and data storage/sharing.
- ● Evaluate TS program and provide feedback as requested.
- ● Implement policies, procedures, and risk management and safety guidelines for the Trail Solution program.
Broad experience in mountain biking and cycling
● Experience working in a team environment
● Experience with the planning, design, construction, maintenance, and management of mountain bicycle facilities.
● Advanced riding skills including the ability to ride technical or jump trails.
● Experience working with managing projects and personnel at private consulting/contractracting firms.
● Experience working with land management agencies and other government entities.
● Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
● Personable and able to work within a customer service based environment.
● Possess a valid drivers license.
● Competent in a variety of office-based software systems (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, timecard systems)
● Ability to work outdoors for long hours performing manual labor and operating equipment
● Exhibit a range from competent to proficient operation of mini-excavators, mini-skid loaders, and various mechanical and manual trail building tools
● Familiar with machine and tool preventative maintenance techniques
● Familiarity working in a not-for-profit business environment and with volunteer advocates
● Possess a strong attention to detail
● Ability to take written and verbal direction from IMBA staff, Trail Solutions staff, and clients to complete project goals
IMBA provides a full range of insurance, 401(k), time off and a great work culture.